About a week ago, I got word that I had received not one, not two but three awards. I am grateful to be recognised by other bloggers, but in an attempt to save time and finger cramps, I’m going to combine all three awards in one blog post.
First: The Thank yous.
Thank you, Yvonne Hertzberger for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Yvonne is the author of two fantasy novels, Back From Chaos and Through Kestrel’s Eyes. Not long ago, I interviewed her on my blog. You can check it out here . Definitely visit her blog to see what she’s up to.
Thank you, Libby at Let Them Grumble for nominating me for the Liebster Award. Libby is a great writer who is working on her first fantasy novel. Check out her blog for posts about writing, the Tudor era and everything Harry Potter.
Thank you Cassandra Giovanni for nominating me for a second Liebster Award. Cassandra is the author of In Between Seasons and Walking in the Shadows. Not long ago, I interviewed her on my blog. You can check it out here . Please, check out her blog to find her wonderful ramblings on writing.
Second: The Rules.
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award states I should share seven things about myself. The Liebster Award requires me to answer five questions.
Seven Quick Facts About Me:
1) I love fishing.
3) My favourite colour is blue except when it’s orange-red.
4) I learned to drive a truck when I was sixteen.
5) I hiked for miles around Banff, Alberta…by myself in winter.
6) I’ve attend the Grand Ole Opry, Nashville Tennessee, where I saw Bill Anderson, Stonewall Jackson and Grandpa Jones perform.
7) I can toss a pizza dough in the air and spin it into a circle. I made pizzas the old-fashioned way for about three years.
Five Questions from Libby:
1) Would you rather receive a time machine, seven league boots, or a 10-pound chocolate bar for your birthday?
ANSWER: Time machine…and I’d use it every day.
2) What three historical figures (or characters) would you want to have dinner with? Remember that you’re paying!
ANSWER: Leif Eric, John Wayne and Robin Hood.
3) Preferred time of day, and why?
ANSWER: 6:00 am because I have the whole day ahead of me to create, and it’s quiet with the kids still sleeping.
5) What is the strangest notion, concept, or thought that ever crossed your mind?
ANSWER: Gosh, so many to choose from…I guess that I’m really an alien walking amongst humans.
Five Questions from Cassandra:
1) What is your all-time favorite novel and why?
ANSWER: M is for Mystery because when I think of my favourite book, it’s always the first one that pops into my head. I read it when I was young and think of it often.
2) If you could meet one person dead or alive, who would it be?
ANSWER: John Wayne
3) What inspires you to blog?
ANSWER: My somewhat crazy life
4) If you could be anything in the world, what would it be?
ANSWER: Um…I am what I want to be: a writer. I can’t imagine being anything else.
5) Where is your dream place to live?
ANSWER: The Eastern Shore of Nova Scotia.
Third: Now for the tricky part.
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award wants me to nominate fifteen blogs with the award and the Liebster Award wants me to nominate five each with five new questions to answer. The total would be 25. Wow. Eek!
Although I know many blogs which deserve these awards, I hesitate to list them because I know how time-consuming receiving awards can be.
What I’ve decided to do instead is post five quick questions for my readers to answer if they want to, or they can just answer one or two. They can post the answers below or a link to their blog where they answered the question(s).
Five Quick Questions:
1) Who do you think Archie should marry: Betty or Veronica?
2) Do you prefer tea or coffee?
3) What famous star would you like to star in the movie made from your novel?
4) If you could co-write a book with anyone, who would it be?
5) Where is your favourite place to write?
Again, thank you, Yvonne, Cassandra and Libby for nominating me for these awards.