Introducing author Sophia Minetos. In this interview, she shares a little about her first book scheduled for release on December 15th, Graves for Drifters and Thieves.
1) What is the title of your most recent book? Is it a series, what genre is it and is it suitable for all ages?
Graves for Drifters and Thieves is a YA fantasy-Western. It is suitable for ages 12 and up, and it is the first installment in a series.
2) In a few short sentences, tell us about the book. Give us a glimpse of the plot without giving away any spoilers.
Jae Oldridge is a seventeen-year-old bounty hunter working in the Hespyrian West. When a twist of fate brings her to the enigmatic Harney brothers and their gang, she finds herself ensnared in a conflict involving their boss, warlocks, monsters, and a mystery surrounding the brothers themselves.
3) Who is the main character in this book? What is her name, where does she live and what do you like about her?
Jae Oldridge is our whipsmart heroine. She’s a loner, sort of jaded and withdrawn, but she has a heart of gold. She has a great appreciation for the natural world and dreams of seeing it in all its glory. I’ve also always loved travel, so I really sympathize with her in that regard.
4) What inspired you to write this book?
My home inspired the setting. I grew up in New Mexico, and I’ve been on a lot of trips to visit all the corners of the American Southwest. It really is enchanting, so I thought it’d serve as the perfect landscape for a fantasy novel. As for the rest of it, I’ve always been really into story-based music. I listen to a lot of folksy stuff, and I created a playlist that stayed with me every step of the way in the drafting stages.
5) Where can readers buy this book and connect with you online?
My linktree has all my social links, pre-order links, and newsletter sign up page.
If you are on social media, please share this interview to help broadcast news about this book.