Do We Continue to Tolerate Racist Cigarette Smokers?

Justin Trudeau is done with cigarette smokers. In an interview with the Quebec television show, La semaine des Julie, he described smokers as “extremists”, “misogynistic and racist”.

“There are people who are fiercely against quitting smoking. They are extremists,” he said. “They don’t believe in science and are very often misogynistic and racist. It’s a very small group of people, but that doesn’t shy away from the fact that they take up some space,” he said.

Trudeau asked, “Do we tolerate these people?”

Should we? Or should we ban these citizens from having a voice in Canadian life?

He said 80% of Quebec’s population have done their ‘duty’ by not smoking, but there’s the remaining 20% that need to be held accountable. There will be consequences for those who do not comply and continue to smoke. If that’s limiting their participation in social activities, then we’ll do it.

Given the fact that Trudeau:

  • said Canada doesn’t have a unique voice, what voice is he talking about and
  • has worn blackface countless times (so many times he can’t recall the number),
  • groped a reporter and allegedly had a sexual relationship with his student who was 16 years or younger while he was in his late 20s (because he felt sad his daddy died),
  • has broken several Canadian laws through backdoor deals, and
  • takes everything to the extreme (check out his socks and his trip to India).

one has to ask, does Trudeau smoke cigarettes? Should we remove his voice from Canadian life? Should we continue to tolerate him?

PS: I grew up with a father who smoked. The curtain and wall where he sat in the kitchen was always yellow with nicotine even though Mom constantly washed them. I believe the chronic cough I have, which I developed as a child and people have called ‘smoker’s cough’, is probably related to the amount of second-hand smoke I inhaled from him, my siblings who smoked, the bingo halls of the 70s and 80s and the tavern smoke. I have never smoked. Yet, I would never want to see my father or any of those people harmed in any way or ostracized by society.

CORRECTION

Did I write cigarette smokers? I meant Canadians who chose to not take the experimental inoculation due to medical, religious and consideration reasons.

Canada’s prime minister is supposed to stand up for all Canadians. Our laws are supposed to protect us and ensure our rights. Even serial killers get that protection and those rights.

Is Trudeau insinuating our family, friends and neighbours who are not inoculated are worse than serial killers? Is he inciting violence against those uninoculated Canadian citizens, just like Hitler incited citizens to attack the Jewish people?

If he is, than he’s guilty of hate speech and much more.

There are several sites to see the interview or read the news article. He gave this interview in French in Quebec, so there’s limited exposure in English news. To find it online, use keywords “Trudeau calls unvaxxed extremists”. Here are a few links I found:

Western Standard: Trudeau calls the unvaccinated racist and misogynistic extremists

YouTube (which has that part of the interview, which is in French with no subtitles): Trudeau calls the unvaccinated racist and misogynistic extremists

Headline USA: Blackface Canadian PM Calls Unvaxxed ‘Misogynistic, Racist, Extremists,’ Science Deniers

Freedom is never given; it is won. ~ A. Philip Randolph

One thought on “Do We Continue to Tolerate Racist Cigarette Smokers?

Please Leave a Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.