On Saturday November 5th, I attended HalCon, the biggest, geekiest sci-fi convention in Atlantic Canada. There were many wonderful demonstrations, vendors and author displays. There was also author signings, autograph sessions and endless streams of characters.
Shortly after I arrived, I sought out the room for the Editing and Formatting panel session. The speakers for the event included
- Christian DeWolf writer, programmer and self-published author from Halifax.
- Kevin Hearne author of Colorado, USA.
- Clare C. Marshall freelance editor, book designer, ghostwriter, author and web manager from rural Nova Scotia.
- Bonnie Lee author of Halifax.
- Jeff Russell author, illustrator of Halifax.
The description of the session stated: To Oxford Comma, Or Not. This and other questions about editing formatting will be answered. If you’ve ever wondered about cutting parts, proper structure or when not using proper grammar is okay, then this may be the panel for you. Continue reading